Tuesday, February 26, 2013

Playing with Photo Print Options (Picaboo)

As an avid fan of social coupons to support my artistic passion I purchased a LivingSocial Deal for Picaboo some months back. My grand vision was to create a photo book from my adventures in Belize (from October of last year). Unfortunately, time has been passing in a frantic manner with twins on the way, work super busy, and our home re-model (which my husband is working on like a maniac). And for anyone who has designed a photo book - it is a fairly time intensive and cumbersome process if you are a perfectionist (such as myself).

So instead of using this coupon for a full photo book, I found a project more suitable to my time line and ended up exploring some of the other options Picaboo has to offer. I ended up doing two posters for Mom and I (my Belieze companion) to add some color to our cubes.

Voila... (very similar layouts but the one for me is on the left, and the one for mom is on the right)


With the remaining value, I explored their panel prints getting two for Mom (as an early Birthday present to go with her trip), one for our home, one for my desk, and one for Greg's desk. I liked the prints though one thing I would have to say is the color was a little washed on some of them and did not come out as vibrant as I anticipated. Here are the ones I chose to print:

Mom climbing a Mayan temple (one of my favorites of her on our Belize trip) -

Mom on top of the Caracul temple -
A photo of Crater Lake taken on our road trip (with Dave, Steph, and Liam) this summer - 
 A photo for my desk at work of Greg at Ruby Beach during our Olympic Peninsula trip -
 A desktop photo for Greg (for his future desk) one of my favorites from our Honeymoon in Hawaii -


Mission accomplished, I really liked the results!

Though the Belize book is still on the list...for another day.

No comments: