Saturday, January 22, 2011

(251) Soap Making and Molds

This weekend my friend Sarah taught me to make soap! Well I should say she really made the soap while I watched as we were in a rush to get to a delicious wine bar. I asked her to teach me as a favor for an upcoming baby shower (next weekend - sheesh how the time flies!). Our soap was in the shape of ladybugs - looks super cute and is a gelatinous red with glitter.

She did expose me to an awesome site for all things soap oriented:
http://www.brambleberry.com/

Another location that is great for finding molds is candy shops. During our adventures we went out to this super neat confections supply store in Beaverton called the Decorrette Shop.

For those who are locals, you basically drive down Highway 99 in Tigard and it is behind the shopping center near JoAnn's (11945 SW Pacific Hwy, Ste 109, Tigard, OR 97223). They have a website, but it really does not do the store justice - www.decoretteshop.com

(Recently found that there is one in SE as well off of SE Foster (near 50th))

No comments: