Thursday, December 31, 2009

(364) Two Braclets and a Pair of Earrings

It is incredible how quickly time flies when you are beading!

Tonight I beaded two bracelets and a pair of earrings with beautiful Sapphires I picked up at a bead fair in November. I also made good progress on a necklace, but need to make a trip to the bead store for a few more beads to finish.







Maybe part of the reason why creativity has gotten lost in my life is because planning = time + energy. With all the different direction life pulls us no wonder it is easy to lose vision of the things we once enjoyed with the chaos of life takes over.



Art projects can take a lot of planning. I often find myself buying random materials with great intentions, but eventually the paint dries up, fabric gets donated, or items get packed away (out of sight out of mind). Maybe this is how hoarding starts?



I have found that setting a goal with a defined timeline in mind helps me stay focused. A perfect example is there Sapphire beads. I bought the beads to make Christmas present for my sister (as she is born in September and Sapphire is the stone). As I made hers on time I had great intentions to finish matching ones for my mother and I. So even if its not the holiday, it will be a nice surprise the next time I see my mom.





No comments: