Tuesday, April 13, 2010

(313) No Rest for the Weary!

Hello blog!

*insert awkward pause here*

Yes, I know it has been a while and you feel neglected. I swear I will make it up to you (famous last words)! Oh the stories I have to tell, but I am lacking the time to share them. I have been quiet the busy bee!

One month ago I got engaged. After some adventures is vendor selection we found the right fit and have managed to set a date!

October 2nd, 2010

And where might you ask? Parkdale, OR at the Mt Hood Bed and Breakfast.

Now that we have the venue and date, I am switching to photographers. We are reviewing a ton of portfolios and narrowed the search to a couple of our favorites for selection:
During my search I fell across this photographer who's work I fell in love with. Check out David Stubbs site. I didn't try to contact him as he is located in Wyoming, but I think I will see if I can get in touch if we go to Jackson Hole for our Honeymoon. I also have to give a shout out to my work buddy (though he does not do as much wedding photography these days) Adrien Klein. I was planning on doing one of his photo retreats, but time is scarce so I don't know when I will get to follow through and go on the adventure with his crew.

Tonight I am glass studio bound, so hopefully we will create some new neat obj’d’art to brighten the bare space below.





Ugh. The wedding in infiltrating my mind! In addition to a photographer I am desperately seeking a save the date (though I sent a cheesy one on Facebook to reserve flight for my out-o-towners).

Perhaps my most dreaded search is for a dress. I actualized part of this experience last weekend, but I will spare the details here as I write a full entry on the mortifying experience. On the up side I do have an appointment Thursday that holds much better promise. I will feel relieved if I can find at least one item that looks decent on me!

In other worldly new I applied for a new job (IT Portfolio Governance) that I think I would really enjoy! It would be an excellent fit. Last Friday I also spoke a Director in the business about an opportunity that is customer facing that would be a great fit for my experience and would not be within IT. I really wanted to give it a shot, but being that my contract runs out in July (7-22 to be precise), I don’t know if it is a viable option. We will see where the ebb and tide flow leads. So yes I realize this is not all that creative, but I wanted to start with the exciting news.

Now back to the wedding. I am in search of a caterer too. Any recommendations are appreciated! Sheesh even I can tell I am a little scattered by the entry. HA!

No comments: