Saturday, March 6, 2010

(326) Agate Bracelet for B-Day Gift

Today I helped my friends work at the Antique Expo. I fell in love with tiered leaded glass bookcases and a beautiful country butcher block. There is something about the design and craftsmanship of early 1900 furniture that appeases the eye.

But for now new items found a home with me, at least until the remodel is done and I have an opportunity to go through what remains in the basement. At least the basement is now shy 3 large boxes of airplane models. Now if I can get through the 30+ boxes of books this spring I will be on a roll!

After the long day of standing my feet not happy, but I came home just in time for a quick nap, shower and time to bead a simple bracelet for Karely's Birthday before we met for dinner at Fratelli.

The smooth agate stones made a simple, but elegant material in mutated tones of pink, blue, green, and gray:


Unfortunately after dinner I had to call it a night as my cold is still had my head under attack! So it was an early night, to follow a Saturday full of fascinating imagery.

No comments: