Sunday, May 16, 2010

(302) By the Sea

Outside the sun was shining, but my mood was somewhat dim. Despite the bright light and vibrant weather even some days have a dark edge...

This weeks Bob Ross subject was strange, a seascape set against snow covered mountains:


Here is the one the teacher painted during the class:


I was not feeling the picture as it seemed somewhat odd. My work took a turn and I decided to do my own interpretation of the weeks painting and chose a darker palette to reflect my mood:


Much of the class followed my lead. The instructor commented that it was one of the most amusing classes she had taught. Here are some of the images of the other students:


During the class we got off on a side bar discussion about Bob Ross’s final works that he produced after finding out he was terminally ill with cancer. Apparently they were never released the paintings to the public, but the instructor said there were really interesting and dark. I think it would be interesting to see these works someday.

No comments: