Sunday, May 2, 2010

(306) Hot Stone Massage

My last few massages I had gone solo, but this time I decided to try something a bit different. I scheduled a hot stone massage and invited a willing friend to go as company. This time around Chris decided he would go.

We took a brisk walk from Stark over to Hawthorne to began our day of relaxation.

Soaking in the hot water of the Dosha salon tub was surreal with sun light beaming through skylights like a beam of heaven. We sat and talked about life and dreams captured in the mist drenched world.

Hot stones clinking rhythmically as the masseuse placed them on my body one-by-one. Feeling the heat exude from the stones core I drifted through the calm desert. It was like childhood. Laying by the warm sun until I could barely take the heat before diving back into the depths of the cold water only to feel the water evaporating from my skin.

Following the path back to the steam room I sat continuing to reminisce on memories in the foggy surrounds illuminated by the overcast day. Clearing my mind I found myself dripping in the scorching depths.

The door opened and Chris grounded me form my hazy cloud. The long showers (and lathering with Dosha products) set the experience nicely.

Famished on the way out we grabbed some almond, dried cranberries, and delicious Aveda tea. It is hard to describe the creamy sensation of mint and licorice that makes such a balanced perfect blend. Hesitating to leave the spa entirely behind, we bought some of the tea to enjoy at home and extend the relaxing day into the evening.

No comments: