Tuesday, November 16, 2010

(264) Oakland, Oregon Adventure

Since I do not start my job this week, Chris and I decided an adventure was called in order. Last weekend in Eugene a friend had mentioned that they liked to travel to Oakland for antiques. Oakland, Oregon? Well neither Chris nor I had heard of this city, so we decided that would be the destination for our adventure. Along for the adventure I had invited Skye and Sir Benny.

Overall it was a long ride with little reward other than the conversation with Chris, Skye, and Benny (who even chimed in with some noises here and there). I was not even that inspired to take all that many pictures. I noticed I did not even get any Skye and Benny shots. Probably because I was enjoying holding Benny and the buildings were somewhat boring.

The neatest thing (and I would never have even know this with out Chris pointing it out) was seeing a Frink fixture in the restaurant we had lunch. The chandelier, now converted for electric, has a tube around the bottom that at one point held kerosene and mirrors on the inside to reflect light. It was interesting looking to say the least.








No comments: