Sunday, January 3, 2010

(361) Planning Art Projects

For the wire I ended up with 18 gauge stem wire (used in floral design). I also got some 22 gauge floral wire. For the first set I figured it would be good to explore the two different sized wire to see if either would work or I need to try something in between the two sizes. Now I need to find cord to fit over the wire and I will have the materials for the animal frames.

This morning I researched eyes and ended up ordering some 2mm & 3mm sets from: http://glasseyesonline.com/

I was also comparing wool blending tools (carders) online, but still did not find one to was not able to decide which to order. Instead I think I will look at the fabric store as I try to find the cord.

One site to use steel shot to add a little weight to the animals, so I am hoping a quick trip to a one stop shot might meet this need.

All-in-all I think these projects will get once better once I figure out how to get all the materials. Getting started this time around was a bit of a struggle as even finding the roving wool was a challenge. I think once I have more experience with the materials (and understand the sizing a bit more) things will go much smoother.

I need to learn how to gauge wire, cord an eyes for different size animals!

On that note I am off to run errands and try to find the remaining materials for my felting project. And still need to make it to the bead store...

No comments: