Saturday, January 2, 2010

(362) Shopping 4 Materials

About three weeks back I was reading a magazine and saw the cutest little animals made of roving. Well as many others I immediately asked "what is roving?" Roving is raw wool for spinning into yarn that can be used for felting. I had never heard of this technique so I was curious how one would make one. And then did my first needle felting project, a black penguin:


Today I worked very minimally on a felted pig, but I got side tracked and started showing and telling my friends about needle felting. Particularly how I was fascinate by the artist who runs this site: Incredible Needle Felting

One project I would like to work on this year is making a group of felted barn animals. I started to read a bit more and found that I need some more materials (wire, chord and eyes). Tomorrow calls for a shopping trip to get more materials for my project.

Also on the shopping list for tomorrow are more beads to finish the necklace I started when I was making the bracelets and earrings. The design is pretty much set (so the rest is pretty easy):


I also have beads for a set of bracelet, but need some beading needles:

So my goal tomorrow is to go shopping and get materials. And tonight I am going to read up on felting in this book Fleece Dog.

No comments: